Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2




      I didn't like the first movie, "the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." But, it grew on me. I was forced to watch it three times. Twice, I was invited to a friend's house to watch a movie with a bunch of people, and the movie being shown was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The second time I didn't want to be rude and say I have already seen it. The others seemed to be really looking forward to the movie. I don't know how I got stuck watching it the third time, but I think my family was involved. By the third round, I grew an appreciation for this movie.

     That is how I grew up the courage, patience and perseverance to see the sequel! Without the first movie being hurled at me three times, it would never have happened!!

     I liked this movie right away, and it didn't take three times for me to warm up to it. I like it better than the first one. But, it's not as dramatic and blockbustery as the first one was. Blockbustery isn't a word, but you get the gist. The first movie shows how 4 friends stayed together during a summer apart by mailing lucky jeans to each other. They were all three different sizes and figures, but by some strange magic, the jeans fit all of them. They would mail the jeans with a letter saying if anything lucky happened to them while they had the pants.

     The sequel was the same. They were four friends apart because they all had different plans for the summer. They mailed their jeans to each other in rotations. It was a lot to follow, because there were four completely different plots for one movie. It reminded of me of soap operas. Days of of Lives, for example, have many characters and plots.

      The movie was well acted, written, and really deep. It was a lot to take in all at once because each of the main characters learned a big life lesson and came to a big realization in the movie. It wasn't like a fake or contrived or forced upon lessons they all learned. Through really serious and great acting, and very gifted writing, they perfectly fit all four plots together to perfectly convey some real healing and realizations in this movie. These four girls had a lot of pain and heartaches of different kinds but they were all able to find some wisdom to get them through it and out of it.   

No comments: