Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Thousand Words



    On the internet, I saw a lot of bad reviews for this particular movie. They said it was done before. You know, I see a lot of reviews like that. People saying they hate the movie because it was like other movies they have seen. I guess Solomon in Ecclesiastes was right; "There is nothing new under the sun."

  Well, despite what critics have said, I can positively report that the plot of this movie was new to me. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. Eddie Murphy plays a guy who finds out he will die when all the leaves fall off this magical tree in his back yard. Every time he speaks a leave falls off the tree. Eddie is basically trying to not talk in much of this movie for this reason. The comedy part is the silly ways he tries to live his life without talking.

 "It was not realistic!!!" Another common criticism of movies, (And of this one.) a criticism that I make sometimes too. But realism is not what this movie was aiming for. It had a fairy tale like aspect. Disney could have done this movie in cartoon version. They would just have had to change a few of the main characters to a prince and a princess and they would have been set.

   I liked the feel and vibe of the movie. I liked the moral of the movie, and the message it conveyed. It was not only a silly comedy, but it was trying to tell us some moral and message. It was well executed. I liked the main characters and the side characters. They were fun to watch.

   People say this movie is stupid, no good. But, I like the fairy tale, clean, moral atmosphere it created. I enjoyed it. Only thing that I can think of is that I was a little bored in a middle part of the movie. Not too many things can be perfect.

No comments: