Thursday, June 10, 2010

Robin Hood 2010

When I was a kid, I do have memories of watching Disney's Robin Hood. However, I was surprised to be told by my sister and mother that I watched that moview around a hundred times. My sister said it was a part of my daily routine, to put that Disney movie in the VCR.

I went into this movie with the hope that it would be a Robin Hood better than Prince of Theives. This movie was more like a prequel to the Robin Hood story. There was no stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. It was the story of the events that led up to him being an outlaw or a wanted man.

I like that this prequel adds a lot of layers and demension to the Robin Hood story. It showed a lot of history from the time period. The plot is complex and masterminding. The movie was filled with tretchery, spying, betrayal, scheming, etc. Basicaly, what the movie had going for it was that the plot was great and complicated.

I do wish that the visuals were better for the movie. The actors were not good looking. Kate Blanchet played Maid Marian and Russel Crow played Robin Hood. There were a lot of war scenes and everyone was wearing dark ugly clothing surrounded by a dark and dreary land. The war scenes were somehow more depressing than in the average movie. I was like ouch! I just saw another movie with plenty of arrows shooting and people getting stabbed too, but it didn't capture the "scary ouch" effect of war. Just saying the plot was good, but the movie was hard on the eyes.

No comments: