Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez

The person writing the movie was trying to be cute, romantic, and memorable, they were really going for something and it showed. But they really missed their target on this dart board. It was a bit painful to watch at times. My friend watching the movie with me was just as put off as me. She made grunts that were akin to rolling your eyes. However, luckily for me the viewer, the movie did get less corny as time went on. I did find this movie entertaining, and it wasn’t such a dorky train wreck after the beginning humps. I have to give it that. Most romantic comedies bore me. I guess I find some of them too mundane.

Jennifer Lopez's character gave up on finding the one, but she wanted a baby or a family. She talked to her best male friend about getting a sperm donation, but he was aghast at the suggestion. She ends up buying sperm from a clinic and gets artificially inseminated.

Then she meets the guy of her dreams, she really likes him, but after their first few dates, she finds out that she is pregnant. She was so excited to find out she was pregnant, but that was faded by thinking this would ruin her new relationship.

Jennifer Lopez tells the story of how her mom died when she was a young child. Her mom got cancer, and her father walks out on her mom while she was sick. That's when she realized things don't last forever. She never trusted in a man. Even though her new boyfriend said he would stick by her even though she was pregnant, she just couldn't believe him, and ended up dumping him because of all her doubts. But, as the movie goes on we learn that the moral is to trust in love, and have faith in others.

No comments: