Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thinking in pictures by Temple Grandin

I met an autistic person a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me that I don't know too much about the disorder, other than what I learned from an episode of Law and Order.

I was curious about it, so when I saw a magazine article in Mental Floss about this book, I decided to find the book and read it. This book was written by an autistic person, who explained what it's like to be autistic.

I am getting old...26. Okay. Not so old, but I don't hear much that is new to me. I feel like I have heard it all sometimes. When I get into a conversation, I can sometimes swear I have had that same conversation 12 times before with 12 other people. Sometimes I feel like yawning and rolling my eyes at some conversations I hear.

That's why I appreciate this book. I really enjoyed learning a lot of new things that I never thought of before. Some things were truly new to me. Not just about autism, but just a lot of other things too. I learned about different ways of thinking and viewing the world. I really liked this book, and I recommend reading it.

No comments: