Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wall Street

This movie is what it sounds like it's about. It's about someone who works on wall street. It took me into his world. I felt the joy with him as he made a ridiculous amount of money. He got a million dollar bonus! Felt amazed and prosperous right with him. I felt his pain as the world he felt comfortable and blessed in was falling apart when his firm started to collapse because the stock market dropped dramatically. I felt his pain when his boss commit suicide due to the blow of his firm being bought out 3 dollars a share. I was with him when he proposed to his fiance, who, oddly enough hates her father who was an investor, hates wall street, money and investing, but has a fiance who works on wall street.

I was very tied to the main character as if I was living his life and sharing his joys and pains more so than in any other movie I saw. It was a real disruption of my cushy life there to see that market crash. It was a real blow to see my fiance break off the engagement because she was upset that I was seeing her father; who she is purposely estranged with behind her back. I was with him and felt his betrayal when he realized his fiance shunned her father for good reason; when he realised he got robbed and lied to by the treacherous schemes of his fiance's father.

I was with him, when he realised that someone named Brenton sabotaged his firm and pushed his boss to suicide by making up rumors about their firm, and then making those rumors true. I rejoiced in his ability to outsmart his nemesis and find a way to pay back what they did to him and his firm twice!!

In this movie I was pulled into the world of the investment banker. Felt rich for an hour or so. Too bad it didn't last.

No comments: