Sunday, October 3, 2010

Easy A

I need to plan my movie outings more, I just go to the theater, show up, and watch whatever happens to be in my time slot. Now, I had slim pickings this time around. I was between exorcist, the Devil, and other weird Halloween movies. Now, as tempting as that sounds, I was never much for horror flicks. Anyway....

Easy A wasn't a bad movie, but it lacked dimension. It had one plot, and it stuck to that one thread like IRS sticks to your money. It got tiresome and repetitive after awhile. Yes, everyone thinks you are a whore. That's scene one, Then scene two is, everyone thinks you are a whore, scene three...they think you are a whore...what's scene four about? Still thinking you might be a whore. Pretty much summed up the plot of the movie right there for you.

It was about a bunch of teenagers in high school, it was so channel 19 abc family. I could see that movie on that channel. It's something to catch on tv.

I was impressed by the main character, or the actor that played the main character, Emma Stone. She had a strong way of presenting herself, which made the movie watchable. That's a good point, but at the same time, it seemed like she was too confident and adult in the face of all her opposition. She's a teenager, but she acted with the confidence of someone who rehearsed the parts, and prepared the lines. It wasn't real. In real life, someone wouldn't have had that kind of confidence and flare so easily. This could have been a true human story, to show the true plights of society. But, instead it was a story, or a drama, or a drop of entertainment for the movies, or abc family, and it had all the pride of an in your face production.

No comments: