Monday, October 6, 2008

From the Beginning

When I was in Middle School I had a very good English teacher that taught me that if you want to learn to write better, you better write. If you want to develop a good vocabulary, you have better read, not look at vocab lists. I learned to write well back then, but due to lack of practice, my writing has sunk into the great abyss. A common assignment my teacher gave us was to chose a book to read and then write a critical review of that book. She said it had to be in depth and thoughtful review, not just "I liked it." From this experience I have been more thoughtful in my critiques all my life. I am dedicating this blog to my teacher, Mrs. Schwartz. I will try to write good reviews, and improve my writing skills. I really like to express myself when it comes to different opinions I have too.

No comments: